MICRO Test of Time Award
The MICRO Test of Time (ToT) Award Committee is soliciting nominations
for the second MICRO ToT Award to be given at the International
Symposium on Microarchitecture in December 2015, to be held in
Hawaii. This award recognizes the most influential papers
published in past MICRO conferences that have had significant impact in
The award will recognize an influential MICRO paper whose influence is
still felt 18-22 years after its initial publication. In other words,
the award will be given to at most one paper that was published at MICRO
conferences in any of the years N-22, N-21, N-20, N-19, or N-18. This
year, N = 2015, so only papers published at MICRO conferences held in
1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 are eligible. An eligible paper that has
received at least 100 citations (according to Google Scholar) is
automatically nominated, but explicit nominations of such papers are
Please submit your nomination via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The following describes the
nomination criteria, how to submit a nomination, and the selection process.
1) Which papers are eligible for the 2015 MICRO ToT (Test of Time) Award?
Only papers published at MICRO conferences that happened between
1993-1997 (1993 and 1997 inclusive).
The list of eligible papers is at:
2) Who can nominate a paper?
Anyone can nominate a paper except for the author or co-author of the
3) Is there a limit on the number of papers one person can nominate?
Yes. One can nominate up to 5 papers from all eligible papers. These
five papers can be published in any eligible year.
4) When is the last day to submit a nomination?
Nominations must be received by September 15, 2015.
5) How should a nomination be submitted?
Nominations must be submitted via email to
6) What should be included in the nomination email?
1. The title, the author list, and publication year of the nominated paper
2. A 100-word (maximum) nomination statement, describing why the paper
deserves the Test of Time Award
3. The name, title, affiliation of the nominator, and if appropriate, the
relationship of the nominator to the authors
Only one paper can be nominated in a single email.
7) What is the selection process?
The MICRO ToT Award committee will evaluate all submitted nominations after
September 16, 2015 to select at most one paper for the 2015 MICRO ToT (Test
of Time) Award. A strict conflict of interest policy will be followed. If a
ToT Award Committee Member has a conflict of interest with a paper that is
nominated, the member will recuse himself/herself from the discussion process
and a substitute will be placed in.
8.) Who are the current MICRO ToT Award committee members?
Onur Mutlu, Chair
9) When will the award be announced and given?
The award will be presented to the authors of the selected paper at the
Awards Ceremony during the International Symposium on Microarchitecture in
December 2015, to be held in Hawaii. Awardees are not expected to make a
10) What does the award consist of?
An award certificate and peer recognition. The authors of the selected paper
are expected to be invited to write a retrospective of the paper in the IEEE
11) What papers were previous winners of the award?
A list of the winners of the 2014 MICRO ToT Award is at: