ACM SIGARCH Distinguished Service Award
Nomination Deadline: April 8, 2016
This annual award is presented to an individual who has contributed important service to the computer architecture community.
Recipients receive a memento engraved with their name along with a $1000 honorarium. The award is presented by the SIGARCH chair at ISCA during ISCA’s award presentation session. The award recipient also receives up to $2000 towards support for travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration for ISCA. The recipient is listed with a citation for their award on the SIGARCH Distinguished Service Award web page. The list of past award
recipients is at http://www.sigarch.org/awards/acm-sigarch-distinguished-award-past-winners/
The selection committee consists of 3 or more members and is appointed by the
SIGARCH chair. The committee typically includes recent recipients of the award
and current SIGARCH executive committee members. The committee solicits
nominations from the computer architecture community in a variety of ways
including announcements in SIGARCH’s newsletter and postings on appropriate
newsgroups and websites. The committee considers all external nominations, plus
any internal nominations from members of the committee, in the context of the
nominees’ specific and general service contributions to the computer
Nominations can be submitted at any time to the committee chair (Norm Jouppi,
email@example.com). Nominations submitted by April 8th will be considered for this
year’s award. A nomination for the distinguished service award that is not
awarded will remain valid for 3 years.
Each nomination should consist of the following items:
– Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the
nomination (the nominator).
– Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom
an award is recommended (the nominee).
– A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the
award in question.
– Names and email addresses of 4-7 people who the nominator believes will
support the nomination.
– The awards committee will ask some of these people for their opinions.
Self-nominations are not allowed.
The 2016 selection committee is:
– Norman P. Jouppi (chair), Google, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Trevor Mudge, University of Michigan, email@example.com
– David Brooks, Harvard University, firstname.lastname@example.org