Author Guidelines and Policies
SIGARCH is concerned with the design and evaluation of computing systems across all scales (subatomic particles to data centers). Blog posts should be related to computer architecture, systems or address issues relevant to the community, and this connection should be clear.
- Blog posts should be short (300-1300 words) and to the point on a specific topic.
- Posts are meant to be informal, not formal like a conference or journal paper.
- Embed links to papers if you cite something, not as citations/bibliography as in papers.
- Posts are meant to cover the topic broadly, so please refrain from many self-citations.
- The title should be concise and descriptive of the post.
- Use (sub) headings as needed to make the content easy to read.
- Figures and videos are encouraged if available and appropriate.
- Permission must be obtained for any content that does not belong to the author.
- Links to externally published items are encouraged.
- Pre-formatted text (e.g., code) or equations should be in a jpeg/SVG format and embedded in the post so that it scales correctly in the email blast and across devices.
- The editor determines which proposed posts are published. Contributors can appeal the editor’s decision to the SIGARCH Communication Committee chair.
- The editor may consult with the SIGARCH Executive Committee when evaluating if a proposed post should be published.
- Authors retain copyright to their content.
- Comments may be removed or disabled at the discretion of the editor at any time.
- Posts with inappropriate or offensive content as deemed by the editor will not be accepted.
- A single post regarding specific ballot items (candidate, issue, etc.) is allowed up to one week prior to the start of an election. Subsequent contributions about the same item will be directed to the comments section of the initial post.
Logistics and blog post process:
- The blog editors will create an account for you on the wordpress website so that you may directly enter your post in the website and perform the formatting as you see fit.
- Notify the editors (via email) that the article is ready for “review”.
- The editors review the article, suggest any modifications and possibly perform light editing.
- Select an image to use from adobestock.com or the editors can choose an image. Send the editors the link, and they will add the image to the post as the featured image. The editors have a subscription and will download the licensed version of the image for use in the blog.
- Provide a short one or two sentence bio for inclusion at the end of the post.
Contact us for questions, advice or any input:
You may contact the SIGARCH Blog editors via email firstname.lastname@example.org