Deadline: April 8, 2016
This annual award is presented to an individual who has contributed important service to the computer architecture community.
Recipients receive a memento engraved with their name along with a $1000 honorarium. The award is presented by the SIGARCH chair at ISCA during ISCA’s award presentation session. The award recipient also receives up to $2000 towards support for travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration for ISCA. The recipient is listed with a citation for their award on the SIGARCH Alan D. Berenbaum Distinguished Service Award web page.
The selection committee consists of 3 or more members and is appointed by the SIGARCH chair. The committee typically includes recent recipients of the award and current SIGARCH executive committee members. The committee solicits nominations from the computer architecture community in a variety of ways including announcements in SIGARCH’s newsletter and postings on appropriate newsgroups and websites. The committee considers all external nominations, plus any internal nominations from members of the committee,
in the context of the nominees’ specific and general service contributions to the computer architecture community.
Nominations can be submitted at any time to the committee chair (Norm Jouppi, firstname.lastname@example.org). Nominations submitted by April 8th will be considered for this year’s award. A nomination for the distinguished service award that is not awarded will remain valid for 3 years.
Each nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- Names and email addresses of 4-7 people who the nominator believes will support the nomination.
- The awards committee will ask some of these people for their opinions.
Self-nominations are not allowed.
The 2016 selection committee is: