June 4, 2022
August 12, 2022
IGSC’22 provides a forum for presenting and discussing innovative research on a broad range of topics in the fields of sustainable and energy-efficient computing and computing for a more sustainable planet. The conference consists of technical papers, panels, workshops, and a PhD Forum on these topics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Design and Implementation of HW/SW Platforms:
- Self-sustaining sensing and edge computing,
- Power-aware middleware solutions,
- Efficient circuit design and domain-specific architectures for energy harvesting,
- Low-power/thermal-aware systems, circuits, and architectures (e.g., embedded and CPS systems, ASICs, reconfigurable computing, on-chip networks),
- Power-aware neuromorphic systems,
- Integrated operation of heterogeneous computing cores,
- Low-power memory systems.
Energy-Aware and Thermal-Aware Resource Management Algorithms:
- Smart control for reduced energy and power,
- Advanced and predictive models for energy, power and temperature,
- Power-aware scheduling for real-time systems,
- Software-defined networking for energy-efficient distributed systems,
- Data analytics for energy efficiency.
Application Design and Methodologies:
- Sensor networks for climate and ecosystem monitoring,
- Self-organized multiagent systems,
- Smart grids, smart cities, smart manufacturing,
- Intelligent transportation systems,
- Autonomous and mobile systems,
- Renewable energy systems,
- Data center optimization and management,
- Management of cloud computing systems.
Trending Topics and Special Sessions 2022:
IGSC seeks proposals for Trending Topics and/or Special Sessions. Proposals for Special Sessions should include biosketches of the proposers, a brief description of the proposed topic and its importance, and a list of potential speakers/authors in the Special Session. Please submit Special Session proposals to one of the TPC Co-Chairs.
Paper submission guidelines:
IGSC 22 welcomes submissions that have not been published and that are not under review by other conferences or journals. All submissions will be rigorously evaluated on their originality, technical soundness, significance, presentation, and interest to the conference attendees. Please refer to the IGSC website (https://www.igscc.org/) for specific instructions related to paper submission. IGSC bestows a best paper award as selected by a technical committee.
We will publish all papers in IEEE Xplore.
Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. Proposals should be submitted to one of the Workshops Co-Chairs.
Student Research Forum:
The forum solicits extended abstract submissions from MS and doctoral students engaged in research on sustainable and energy-efficient computing as well as poster and project demos from all researchers, faculty, and students. Please refer to the IGSC website for submission instructions.
With support from the National Science Foundation (NSF), we will provide 15-20 student registration stipends (see Register page for details) for attending and participating in IGSC.
The conference seeks industry partners and sponsors with opportunities for them to showcase their technologies. Please contact one of the General Co-Chairs.
Conference paper submission: June 4, 2022
Reviewer deadline: July 16, 2022
Deadline for submitting Workshop and Special Session proposals: June 21, 2022
Deadline for submitting to Student Research Forum: See Research Forum Page
Notifications to authors: August 5, 2022
- Muhammad Shafique(New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- Hai (Helen) Li(Duke University, USA)
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
- Selma Saidi(TU Dortmund, Germany)
- C. Mani Krishna (University of Massachusetts- Amherst, USA)