ACM SRC @ PACT 2021
August 20, 2021
The ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to share their research results, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes. The SRC consists of three rounds: a) online abstract submission authored by the student alone, b) poster session at PACT 2021 by authors for selected abstracts and c) presentation at PACT 2021 by authors of the top posters selected by judges at the conference.
The evaluation of round (1) will focus on the quality of the research contributions, while rounds (2) and (3) will also consider the quality of visual and oral presentation. You can find more information on the ACM Student Research Competition at http://src.acm.org/
Abstract Deadline: Friday, August 20, 2021 (AoE)
Notification: Monday, September 13, 2021
Submission Site: https://pact21src.hotcrp.com/
Conference Dates: Sep 26-29 2021
A participant in the SRC must meet all of the following conditions:
- The abstract and the poster must be authored solely by the participant.
- The participant must submit an abstract of up to 800 words outlining the content of a poster that is going to be presented during the competition.
- The abstract must include the poster title, author name, affiliation, and the name of the academic advisor. It should describe the research problem, motivation and background, techniques and results, and the prospect for clearly and concisely conveying the work in a poster format. It should state the novelty and contributions of the work explicitly.
- The standard self-plagiarism rules are in effect. If the research results have already appeared in a publication, prior to the SRC submission date, then they are not permitted to be submitted to an SRC for consideration. Furthermore, the same work may not be presented at an SRC and in another session at PACT 2021. Novelty is one of the criteria for selection.
- The participant can be from anywhere in the world, but must be an ACM student member, and must maintain an undergraduate or graduate student status as of the abstract deadline. Please indicate whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. You may join ACM prior to entering. Basic student membership is $19 per year or less: http://www.acm.org/membership
- The other eligibility requirements are mentioned here: https://src.acm.org/participate
- The content of the SRC poster can be included in a future submission to other conferences or journals.
Submissions to the PACT 2021 ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) must be submitted electronically at this SRC Submission site
- The submission should be in pdf format. Blind submissions are fine, but not required.
- Submissions should not exceed 1 page, and should not exceed 800 words. Figures and References are fine and must fit within the single page.
- You may use the templates provided here: http://pact21.snu.ac.kr/index.php/submissions
- Please also note that all students whose abstracts are accepted are expected to attend PACT 2021 and present a poster of their work, and present it in a PACT session if selected from the poster session.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to PACT 2021 ACM SRC Chair Changhee Jung (chjung -at- purdue.edu).