April 17, 2022
April 24, 2022
29th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Arithmetic (ARITH 2022)
September 12-14, 2022 (virtual conference)
Call for conference papers — Abstract deadline April 17, 2022
Computer arithmetic has always been at the core of the digital age, and is currently driving innovation in domains such as artificial intelligence, high-performance computing, signal processing, and security.
Since 1969, the ARITH symposia have served as the premier conference for presenting the latest research in computer arithmetic.
Due to the uncertainty of the world health situation and travel restrictions, the 29th edition of the symposium, ARITH 2022, will be a virtual conference with live presentation of research results, keynote talks, and panels.
ARITH 2022 welcomes submissions of conference papers (less than 8 pages in the IEEE CS Conference format) describing recent scientific advances related to computer arithmetic.
Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Foundations of computer arithmetic: emerging number systems and their applications, novel arithmetic algorithms, their analysis and applications.
- Efficient, low-power, or high-performance novel implementations of computer arithmetic in software and hardware: integer or floating-point operations, elementary and special functions, multiple-precision computing, interval arithmetic, finite field arithmetic, etc.
- Novel floating-point algorithms, properties of floating-point arithmetic in emerging domains and applications.
- Computer arithmetic in emerging standards, high-level languages, and compilers.
- Test, verification, formal proof, computer aided design (CAD) automation and fault/error-tolerance for computer arithmetic.
- New arithmetic paradigms, architectures and implementations for emerging technologies, for FPGAs or configurable logic, and for non-conventional computing systems.
- New arithmetic paradigms and architectures for specific application domains such as cryptography, security, Internet-of-Things, neural networks, deep learning, signal processing, computer graphics, multimedia, computer vision, high-performance computing, finance, etc., and emerging application domains.
- Inexact and stochastic arithmetic algorithms, architectures and applications.
Abstract submission deadline: April 17, 2022
Paper submission deadline: April 24, 2022
Reviews sent to authors: June 20, 2022
Review rebuttal deadline: June 23, 2022
Authors notified: June 28, 2022
Camera ready and copyright due: July 17, 2022
Detailed submission procedure available at
General chair: Florent de Dinechin, INSA Lyon
Stuart Oberman, Nvidia
Bogdan Pasca, Intel
Leonel Sousa, IST/U Lisbon