April 17, 2022
April 24, 2022
29th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Arithmetic (ARITH 2022)
September 12-14, 2022 (virtual conference)
First call for papers
Computer arithmetic has always been at the core of the digital age, and is currently driving innovation in domains such as artificial intelligence, high-performance computing, signal processing, and security.
Since 1969, the ARITH symposia have served as the premier conference for presenting the latest research in computer arithmetic.
Due to the uncertainty of the world health situation and travel restrictions, the 29th edition of the symposium, ARITH 2022, will be a virtual conference with live presentation of research results, keynote talks, and panels.
ARITH 2022 is partnering with IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing on a special section on “Emerging and Impacting Trends on Computer Arithmetic” to be published tentatively at the conference dates.
This special section is opened to new submissions which, if accepted, will be considered for an oral presentation at ARITH 2022 (J1C2 model).
Submissions of extended versions of previous conference papers are also welcome, but they will not be considered for an oral presentation.
A detailed call for papers for this special section will be found at https://www.computer.org/csdl/journal/ec.
ARITH 2022 also welcomes submissions of conference papers (less than 8 pages in the IEEE CS Conference format) describing recent scientific advances related to computer arithmetic.
Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
– Foundations of computer arithmetic: emerging number systems and their applications, novel arithmetic algorithms, their analysis and applications.
– Efficient, low-power, or high-performance novel implementations of computer arithmetic in software and hardware: integer or floating-point operations, elementary and special functions, multiple-precision computing, interval arithmetic, finite field arithmetic, etc.
– Novel floating-point algorithms, properties of floating-point arithmetic in emerging domains and applications.
– Computer arithmetic in emerging standards, high-level languages, and compilers.
– Test, verification, formal proof, computer aided design (CAD) automation and fault/error-tolerance for computer arithmetic.
– New arithmetic paradigms, architectures and implementations for emerging technologies, for FPGAs or configurable logic, and for non-conventional computing systems.
– New arithmetic paradigms and architectures for specific application domains such as cryptography, security, Internet-of-Things, neural networks, deep learning, signal processing, computer graphics, multimedia, computer vision, high-performance computing, finance, etc., and emerging application domains.
– Inexact and stochastic arithmetic algorithms, architectures and applications.
IEEE TETC Special Section
Submission deadline February 6, 2022
Authors notification (first review round) April 25, 2022 (tentative)
Submission of Minor revisions May 22, 2022 (tentative)
Notification of Final acceptance June 25, 2022 (tentative)
Publication materials due July 17, 2022 (tentative)
ARITH 2022 Conference Papers
Abstract submission deadline April 17, 2022
Conference paper submission deadline April 24, 2022
Reviews completed and Authors notified June 28, 2022
Camera ready and copyright due July 17, 2022
Detailed submission procedures will be available at
General Chair: Florent de Dinechin, INSA Lyon
Stuart Oberman, Nvidia
Bogdan Pasca, Intel
Leonel Sousa, IST/U Lisbon