Call for Abstracts: First FireSim and Chipyard User/Developer Workshop at ASPLOS 2023
February 20, 2023
The FireSim and Chipyard user and developer community has experienced rapid growth, with significant cross-institution user and developer collaborations. This full-day workshop on March 26 at ASPLOS 2023 aims to bring together these communities to help drive the future direction of this ecosystem and spawn new collaborations.
This workshop will feature a combination of submitted talks and invited keynotes from academic and industrial users of FireSim and Chipyard, across areas like computer architecture, systems, programming languages, and VLSI research/development. We hope that the presentations in this workshop will inspire lively discussion of FireSim/Chipyard governance, feature roadmaps, outreach activities, host platform specifications, and more.
Call for Contributions
Talk submissions should consist of a two page abstract in PDF format, including title, authors, affiliations, and the email address of the contact author. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
We invite submissions in areas including (but not limited to):
- Early or Completed work that uses FireSim or Chipyard, including (but not limited to) areas such as Architecture, Systems, Programming Languages, Operating Systems, and VLSI
- User experiences of completed work
- Industrial products created using FireSim or Chipyard
- Integration with new tools/simulators/designs/etc.
- Proposals for new features/directions
- Custom FireSim host platforms
Accepted abstracts will give 15-30 minute talks at the workshop. Accepted submissions will also have the option to make a 6 page short paper available on the website and/or participate in the workshop’s poster session. All contents made available from the workshop (talks, slides, papers, posters) will not preclude publishing at future conference venues.
Submission website: https://firesim-chipyard-23.hotcrp.com
More information: https://fires.im/workshop-2023/
- Abstract submission deadline: February 20, 2023, 11:59:59pm PST
- Latest author notification: February 28, 2023 (Decisions are rolling, may be available earlier)
- Workshop date: March 26, 2023
- Sagar Karandikar (UC Berkeley)
- David Biancolin (SiFive, Inc.)
- Abraham Gonzalez (UC Berkeley)
- Jerry Zhao (UC Berkeley)
- Sophia Shao (UC Berkeley)
- Borivoje Nikolic (UC Berkeley)
- Krste Asanovic (UC Berkeley)
Please contact sagark at eecs dot berkeley dot edu with any questions.