Call for Student Research Competition Submissions
July 17, 2020
July 17, 2020
ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) at
The 53rd International Symposium on Microarchitecture
Submissions Due: July 17, 2020
The 53rd International Symposium on Microarchitecture invites participation in the ACM Student Research Competition (SRC). Sponsored by Microsoft, the SRC is a forum for undergraduates and graduate students to share their research results, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes. Students accepted to participate in the SRC are entitled to a travel grant (up to $500) to help cover travel expenses.
A participant and submission in the SRC must meet all the following conditions:
- The participant must submit an extended abstract of up to 800 words in PDF (optionally, blind) outlining the content of a poster that is going to be presented during the competition.
- The submission entry must include the poster title, author names, affiliation, and the name of the academic advisor. The abstract may be authored by more than one student. However, only the lead student (first author) is considered as a participant in the SRC competition and must satisfy the eligibility criteria described here. Undergraduate students may present team projects. If a graduate student is part of a group research project, they may only present their part of the research.
- The submission entry should clearly and concisely describe the research problem, motivation and background, techniques and results, and the prospect.
- It should state the novelty and contributions of the work explicitly.
- The abstract must have not appeared before. Novelty is one of the criteria for selection.
- The abstract and the poster must be authored by the participant.
- The participant can be from anywhere in the world but must be an ACM student member and must maintain an undergraduate or graduate student status as of the submission deadline.
- You may join ACM prior to entering. Basic student membership is $19 per year or less.
- SRC allows parallel submissions of full papers in other conferences, as long as they abide by self-plagiarism rules (e.g., at least 30% of both the SRC abstract and the other publication is unique). That is, any paper needs to be a minimum of 30% different than a prior paper. Thus a full-length version of a paper would have to be at least 30% different than a SRC submission. Again, self-plagiarism rules would still be in effect. For each accepted SRC poster, the abstract will be posted on the MICRO 2020 website. The content, however, can be included in a future submission to other conferences or journals.
- Submission Deadline: July 17, 2020 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Notification: August 28, 2020
For more information, please visit our webpage: https://www.microarch.org/micro53/submit/src.html.
Yasuko Eckert and Osman Unsal
MICRO-53 SRC Co-chairs