November 30, 2018
December 7, 2018
The 49th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN)
Portland, Oregon, USA
June 24 – 27, 2019
Abstract submission deadline: Nov 30, 2018
Paper submission deadline: Dec 7, 2018
Author rebuttal period: Feb 12 – 14, 2019
Notification to authors: Mar 4, 2019
The annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN) is the premier venue for results on dependable systems. It has pioneered the fusion between dependability and security research, understanding the need to simultaneously fight against accidental faults, intentional cyber-attacks, design errors, and unexpected operating conditions.
Its distinctive approach to both accidental and malicious faults made DSN the most prestigious international forum for presenting research furthering robustness and resilience of today’s wide spectrum of computing systems and networks, with dependability embracing security aspects under a common body of knowledge.
All aspects on the research and practice of dependability and applied security are within the scope of DSN. Relevant topics include innovative architectures, protocols, and algorithms, for preventing, detecting, recovering, diagnosing or eliminating accidental and malicious threats as well as experimentation with and assessment of dependable and secure systems and networks.
Authors are invited to submit original papers on the DSN’s current thematic areas of emphasis:
– Hardware (e.g., microprocessors, memories, system on chip, I/O devices, storage systems, trusted computing)
– Software (e.g., applications, middleware, operating systems)
– Cyber-physical systems (e.g., embedded systems, real-time critical systems, internet of things, smart grid, automotive, aerospace, medical, autonomous systems)
– Socio-technical systems (e.g., virtual worlds, human-computer interaction, social networking)
– Clouds (e.g., cloud storage, computing, platforms, applications, blockchain, cloud security and privacy)
– Networks (e.g., wireless networks, mobility, software-defined networking, edge computing, network on chip, intrusion detection systems, network security)
– Models and methodologies for programming, evaluating, verifying, and assessing dependable and secure systems (e.g., performance and dependability evaluation, analytical and numerical methods, simulation, experimentation, benchmarking, verification, field data analysis)
Research Papers, Practical Experience Reports, and Tool Descriptions will be refereed and included in the Proceedings of the DSN 2019, if accepted.
All contributions must be written in English. IEEE Computer Society will publish accepted contributions.
For more information, please visit the DSN web site (http://dsn.org/cfpapers.html) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Committee Co-Chairs:
Karthik Pattabiraman, University of British Columbia (UBC)
Fernando Pedone, University of Lugano (USI)