gem5 Workshop @ISCA ’23
April 24, 2023
April 24, 2023
The gem5 simulator is an open-source platform that enables the modeling and simulation of computer systems at different levels of abstraction, including processor, memory hierarchy, and interconnects. It is widely used in academia and industry for research, education, and design space exploration. Now on its 5th iteration, the gem5 Workshop gives community stakeholders a chance to present their contributions and ideas, as well as engage in discussion with the wider community.
In this call we are soliciting presentation proposals from researchers, developers, and practitioners who are using or developing the gem5 simulator. The workshop will be co-located with ISCA ’23 (June 17th to 21st, in Orlando, Florida), to be held on June 17th as an all-day event. The goal of the workshop is to give community members an opportunity to share their gem5-related research and insights, exchange ideas, and collaborate on future gem5 development goals.
This year we want to give anyone who wishes to an opportunity to present gem5-related topics at the workshop. As such we are foregoing Program Committee evaluation and will allocate presentation time on what we believe will invoke the most discussion. In short, as long as a presentation proposal is covering a gem5-related topic, we will allocate a time for it at the workshop. Ideas and contributions, big or small, are welcome.
Examples of gem5 topics which could be presented include, but are not limited to:
* Improvements made to gem5.
* Simulator research carried out with gem5.
* Proposals for improving gem5.
* Early-stage simulator research ideas (this can be a solicitation for feedback from the community).
* Proposals and comments on gem5 development practices.
* Research concerning gem5 or architecture simulators in a general sense.
To submit a proposal, please send an email to Bobby R. Bruce at email@example.com with the following:
* Title of the presentation.
* Presenter(s) name and affiliation.
* An attached PDF containing a presentation abstract (A few paragraphs, no more than 1 page).
* [Optional] The presenter(s) website links (this will be published on the event web-page).
Above all else, we will welcome any presentation if it can be justified as being of interest to those who use and develop gem5.
To reward those who have helped improve the project, this year we we will be presenting “gem5 Community Impact Awards” during this year’s workshop. These awards will be presented to individuals, or groups, who have made significant positive contributions to the gem5 community. This includes introducing new features, improving the underlying infrastructure, supporting users, and any other contributions which have had substantial impact. The award will be given for work carried out within a loosely-defined 3-year sliding window meaning that contributions made between 2021 and 2023 will be acknowledged this year. Nominations for the award can be submitted via email to Bobby R. Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org (self-nominations will be accepted).
* Submission deadline: April 24th 2023 (AOE)
* Notification of acceptance and time-slot awarded: May 1st 2023
* ISCA dates: June 17th to June 21st 2023
* Workshop date: June 17th 2023
Event Website: https://www.gem5.org/events/isca-2023
We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you at the gem5 Workshop!