The International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture includes an industry track as a single session included in the main conference program. The objective of this track is to present papers with high industry relevance that describe existing/planned/cancelled products and/or insights on important challenges faced by industry. The discussion in this forum is expected to educate the wider computer architecture community on the challenges facing the industry and to encourage them to investigate solutions. The session will include a small number of papers selected based on depth and relevance to the HPCA audience. Architects, designers and developers involved in some aspect of industrial computer systems design and development are invited to submit a paper describing existing, planned or canceled products, as well as new challenges, issues, and opportunities in the next-generation computer systems. The paper needs to provide insights, results, etc. that are unique to industry, which makes it clearly distinguishable from a regular paper.
Authors should submit an abstract by July 24th, 2020. They should submit the full version of the paper by July 31st, 2020. No extensions will be granted. The full version should be a PDF file following the submission guidelines that will be made available at the submission website. Papers should be submitted for double-blind review.
Please take note of the following guidelines for the industry track:
- The goal of the HPCA industry track is to publish papers written by industry authors whose content is related to an industrial product/process. This includes both existing products and planned products, even if the product was cancelled but interesting insights/learned lessons are presented in the paper.
- Examples are papers that describe a product, papers that characterize a product, papers that describe some interesting component of a product, papers that provide some insights on challenges faced by industry, etc.
- Papers may include co-authors from academia, provided that the content is clearly related to an industrial product/process. On the other hand, research papers whose scope is not clearly related to a product are not appropriate for this track and should be submitted to the regular track even if authors are from industry.
- Papers will be evaluated with the same standards of quality as papers submitted to the regular track.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Processor, cache and memory architectures
- Parallel/Multi-core architectures
- GPUs and domain-specific accelerators
- Power-efficient architectures
- Dependable/secure architectures
- Analysis and exploitation of product security vulnerabilities
- High-performance I/O systems
- Embedded, IoT, reconfigurable, and heterogeneous architectures
- Interconnect and network interface architectures
- Architectures for cloud, HPC, and data centers
- Innovative hardware/software trade-offs
- Impact of compilers and system software on architecture
- Performance/Power modeling and evaluation
- Architectures for emerging technology and applications
** IMPORTANT DATES **
Abstract submission: July 24th, 2020
Full paper submission: July 31st, 2020
Author rebuttal period: Sep. 28th — Oct. 11th, 2020
Author notification: Oct. 30th, 2020