August 31, 2016
IEEE Micro General Interest 2016
IEEE Micro seeks general-interest submissions for publication in upcoming 2016
issues. The submissions should present the design, performance, or application
of microcomputer and microprocessor systems. Summaries of work in progress
and descriptions of recently completed work are most welcome, as are tutorials
and position statements.
IEEE Micro is a bimonthly magazine of the IEEE Computer Society that reaches an
international audience of computer designers, system integrators, and users.
IEEE Micro publishes 6 to 8-page papers that are slightly less technical and
less quantitative than top-conference and archival journal papers, while being
insightful, slightly more qualitative, with a high tutorial value, and up to
date with current trends. IEEE Micro attracts a broad readership among both
academics and practitioners who want to keep up with new results and trends in
the field of computer architecture.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Processor, memory, and storage systems architecture
– Parallel and multicore systems
– Data-center scale computing
– Architectures for handheld and mobile devices
– Application-specific, reconfigurable, or embedded architectures
– Heterogeneous and accelerator-based architectures
– Neuromorphic computing architectures
– Architectures for security and virtualization
– Power and energy efficient architectures
– Interconnection networks
– Instruction, thread, and data-level parallelism
– Dependable architectures
– Architectural support for programming productivity
– Network processor and router architectures
– Architectures for emerging technologies and applications
– Effect of circuits and technology on architecture
– Architecture modeling and simulation methodology
– Performance evaluation and measurement of real systems
– Design of high-performance and low-power chips
Log onto IEEE CS Manuscript Central
(https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/micro-cs) and submit your manuscript.
Please direct questions to the IEEE Micro magazine assistant
(firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the submission site. For the manuscript
submission, acceptable file formats include Microsoft Word and PDF.
Manuscripts should not exceed 5,000 words including references, with each
average-size figure counting as 250 words and each average-size table counting
as 150 words toward this limit. Please include all figures and tables, as well
as a cover page with author contact information (name, postal address, phone,
fax, and e-mail address) and a 200-word abstract. Submitted manuscripts must
not have been previously published or currently submitted for publication
elsewhere, and all manuscripts must be cleared for publication. All previously
published papers must have at least 30% new content compared to any conference
(or other) publication. Accepted articles will be edited for structure, style,
clarity, and readability. For more information, please visit the IEEE Micro
submission site is continuously open. Papers of general interest appear in
upcoming issues as space allows, or are grouped in the Nov/Dec 2016 issue.
Contact the Editor-in-Chief, Lieven Eeckhout, at email@example.com.