IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
January 1, 2025
IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), the flagship journal for the IEEE Computer Society, is a monthly publication with a wide distribution to researchers, developers, technical managers, and educators in the computer field. It publishes papers on research in areas of current interest to the readers, including but not limited to the following:
- Computer organizations and architectures (multi-/many-cores, interconnection networks, accelerators, application-specific, domain-specific and reconfigurable processors, processing-in-memory, near-data processing, high-performance computing, datacenters)
- Operating systems, software systems, and cloud computing (runtime systems, parallel and distributed systems, virtualization, software-hardware interactions)
- Real-time, mobile and embedded systems (Internet of Things, edge computing, wearables, actuators, sensor networks)
- Digital devices and computer components (volatile and non-volatile emerging memory technologies, solid-state devices for storage, network-on-chips, emerging technologies for interconnects)
- Specification, design, prototyping, and testing methods and tools
- Performance, fault tolerance, reliability, security, and testability (availability, scalability, energy/power management)
- Case studies and experimental and theoretical evaluations (workload characterization, tracing, analyzing, troubleshooting)
- Emerging computing models (computing issues for emerging technologies and applications, machine learning, approximate computing, quantum computing, neuromorphic computing, analog computing)
Submission: Submitted articles must not have been previously published or currently submitted for journal publication elsewhere and should adhere to the submission guidelines. Please submit your paper at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tc-cs. In addition to full papers, brief contributions are also considered.
Featured Paper and Best Paper Awards: All accepted manuscripts will be automatically considered for the monthly Featured Paper and the Annual Best Paper Award.
Editor in Chief
David and Marilyn Karlgaard Endowed Chair Professor of ECE
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
George Washington University
Tao Li, University of Florida
Associate Editor and Special Issues/Sections Coordinator
Avinash Karanth, Ohio University
Community Outreach and Engagement Editor
Lizhong Chen, Oregon State University
A list of Associate Editors and Call for Special Issues/Sections are available on the IEEE TC website at https://www.computer.org/csdl/journal/tc.