September 23, 2019
September 23, 2019
3rd Workshop on ML for Systems
In conjunction with the 33rd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS-2019)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Submissions due: September 23rd, 2019
Call for Papers
Machine Learning for Systems is an interdisciplinary workshop that brings together researchers in computer architecture and systems and machine learning. This workshop is meant to serve as a platform to promote discussions between researchers in the workshops target areas.
We invite submission of up to 4-page extended abstracts in the broad area of using machine learning to accelerate, design, or architect computer systems and software. Accepted papers will be made available on the workshop website, but there will be no formal proceedings. Authors may therefore publish their work in other journals or conferences.
The workshop will include invited talks from industry and academia as well as oral and poster presentations by participants.
Areas of Interest
- Supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning research with applications to:
- Systems Software
- Runtime Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Compilers, data structures, and code optimization
- Computer architecture, microarchitecture, and accelerators
- Circuit design and layout
- Interconnects and Networking
- Representation learning for hardware and software
- Optimization of computer systems and software
- Systems modeling and simulation
- Implementations of ML for Systems and challenges
- High quality datasets for ML for Systems problems
We welcomed submissions of up to 4 pages (not including references). This is not a strict limit, but authors are encouraged to adhere to it if possible.
All submissions must be in PDF format and should follow the NeurIPS 2019 format.
- Submissions do not have to be anonymized.
- Please submit your paper no later than September 23rd, 2019 midnight anywhere in the world to CMT here.
- Submission Deadline: September 23rd, 2019 by midnight Anywhere in the World.
- Acceptance Notifications: October 1st, 2019
- Camera-Ready Submission: October 30th, 2019
- Workshop: December 13th or 14th (TBD), 2019, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Anna Goldie, Google Brain
- Azalia Mirhoseini, Google Brain
- Jonathan Raiman, OpenAI
- Kevin Swersky, Google Brain
- Milad Hashemi, Google Platforms
- Xinlei Xu, NYU