October 4, 2020
29th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing (Virtual)
March 10 – 12, 2021
Submissions Due: October 4, 2020
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community. PDP 2021 will provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Parallel Computing: massively parallel machines; embedded parallel and distributed systems; multi- and many-core systems; GPU and FPGA based parallel systems; parallel I/O; memory organisation.
- Distributed and Network-based Computing: Cluster, Grid, Web and Cloud computing; mobile computing; interconnection networks.
- Big Data: large scale data processing; distributed databases and archives; large scale data management; metadata; data intensive applications.
- Programming models and Tools: programming languages and environments; runtime support systems; performance prediction and analysis; simulation of parallel and distributed systems.
- Systems and Architectures: novel system architectures; high data throughput architectures; service-oriented architectures; heterogeneous systems; shared-memory and message-passing systems; middleware and distributed operating systems; dependability and survivability; resource management.
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications: distributed algorithms; multi-disciplinary applications; computations over irregular domains; numerical applications with multi-level parallelism; real-time distributed applications.
IMPORTANT DATES (ALL 23:59 A.O.E)
Deadline for paper submission: October 4, 2020
Acceptance notification: December 18, 2020
Camera ready paper due: January 17, 2021
Registration: *** to be announced
On-line conference: March 10 – 12, 2021
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 8 pages in the Conference proceedings format (double-column, 10pt) to the conference main track or to the Special Sessions through the EasyChair conference submission system indicating thr Main Track or the chosen Special Session.
Double-blind review: the paper should not contain authors names and affiliations; in the reference list, references to the authors’ own work entries should be substituted with the string “omitted for blind review”.
Publication: Proceedings will be published by Conference Publishing Services (CPS). All accepted papers will be included in the same volume, published by the Conference Publishing Services (CPS). The Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions will be published after the notification of acceptance. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and present their papers at the Conference. Conference proceedings will be submitted to IEEE explore, CDSL, and for indexing among others, to DBLP, Scopus ScienceDirect, and ISI Web of Knowledge.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES
Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue in a JCR-indexed journal.
Euromicro is an international scientific organization advancing sciences and applications of Information Technology and Microelectronics. A major focus is on organizing conferences and workshops in Computer Science and Computer Engineering. Euromicro is a non-profit association founded in 1974 and annual conferences have taken place in more than 20 countries all over Europe. Find out more
Diego R. Llanos, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
Arturo Gonzalez-Escribano, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
Jose Daniel García, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Dora Blanco Heras, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain