March 11, 2022
22nd International Conference on embedded computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling and Simulation (SAMOS XXII)
Pythagorion, Samos Island, Greece (*)
July 3 – 7, 2022
(*) The organizing committee is closely monitoring the situation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Health and safety are a primary concern to us and no unnecessary risks will be imposed on authors.
SAMOS is a unique conference. It deals with embedded systems (sort of) but that is not what makes it different. It brings together every year researchers from both academia and industry on the quiet and inspiring coast of the Mediterranean island of Samos, which in itself is different. But more importantly, it really fosters collaboration rather than competition. Formal and intensive technical sessions are only held in the mornings. A lively panel or distinguished keynote speaker ends the formal part of the day, and leads nicely into the afternoons and evenings — reserved for informal discussions, good food, and the inviting Aegean Sea. The conference papers will be published by Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science – LNCS and will be included in the DBLP Database. Authors are invited to submit technical papers in accordance to the author’s instructions describing original work.
- Submission deadline: March 11, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: May 6, 2022
- Camera-ready submission deadline: May 27, 2022
- Novel Architectures for Accelerators in High Performance Embedded Systems
- Application-specific and Domain-specific Embedded Heterogeneous Multicore Systems
- Embedded Reconfigurable Processors
- Software tools, Compilation techniques and optimizations, and Code generation for Reconfigurable Architectures
- Architecture synthesis from Functional Languages Descriptions
- Virtualization and Energy-aware Secure, Reliable, and High Availability Multi-core Architectures;
- Embedded Parallel Systems and Multiprocessor Systems-On-Chip
- Application level Resource Management of Multi-core Architectures
- Memory Systems and Management for big data
- In-/near-memory processing
- Approximate Computing
- Network-on-Chip, Software Defined Network-on-Chips.
- Hardware/Software and Algorithm/Architecture Co-design
- Design Space Exploration Strategies, Algorithms and CAD Tools
- Specification Languages and Models
- System-Level Design, Simulation, and Verification
- Hardware, Software and System Synthesis Techniques and CAD Tools
- MP-SoC and Platform Based Design Methodologies
- MP-SoC Programming, Compilers, Simulation and Mapping Technologies
- Profiling, Measurement and Analysis Techniques and CAD Tools
- (Design for) System Adaptivity
- Testing and Debugging.
Special Session on Negative Results
Like in previous editions, SAMOS XXII will again organize a special session dedicated to the presentation of ideas that lead to negative results. Contributions are expected to present the original idea, to explain why this idea was expected to provide good results, to present how and why it failed, and to discuss the presence (or absence) of solutions to solve encountered issues
Journal Specific Issue
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to contribute to a special issue of the Journal of Parallel Programming (IJPP).