June 11, 2023
June 18, 2023
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Green and Sustainable Computing (IGSC) Conference provides a forum for presenting and discussing innovative research on a broad range of topics in the fields of sustainable and energy-efficient computing and computing for a more sustainable planet. This year’s conference will be held in Toronto, Canada, October 28-29, co-located with MICRO 2023. IGSC’23 consists of technical papers, panels, workshops, and a PhD Forum on these topics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Design and Implementation of HW/SW Platforms
- Self-sustaining sensing and edge computing
- Power-aware middleware solutions
- Efficient circuit design and domain-specific architectures for energy harvesting
- Low-power/thermal-aware systems, circuits, and architectures (e.g., embedded and CPS systems, ASICs, reconfigurable computing, on-chip networks)
- Power-aware neuromorphic systems
- Integrated operation of heterogeneous computing cores
- Low-power memory systems
Energy-Aware and Thermal-Aware Resource Management Algorithms
- Smart control for reduced energy and power
- Advanced and predictive models for energy, power and temperature
- Power-aware scheduling for real-time systems
- Software-defined networking for energy-efficient distributed systems
- Data analytics for energy efficiency
Application Design and Methodologies
- Sensor networks for climate and ecosystem monitoring
- Self-organized multiagent systems
- Smart grids, smart cities, smart manufacturing
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Autonomous and mobile systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Data center optimization and management
- Management of cloud computing systems
Paper submission guidelines:
IGSC 23 welcomes submissions that have not been published and that are not under review by other conferences or journals. All submissions will be rigorously evaluated on their originality, technical soundness, significance, presentation, and interest to the conference attendees.
The conference provides 2 tracks for technical papers: a regular paper track and a concept/position/WiP paper track. The page limit for the regular track submissions is 6 pages. The page limit for the concept/position/WiP track is 2 pages. Please refer to the IGSC website (https://www.igscc.org/) for specific instructions related to paper submission. IGSC bestows a best paper award as selected by a technical committee.
- IEEE template: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- The HotCRP system will be used to handle papers for this conference. Please follow these steps:
- Set up an IGSC HotCRP account if you don’t already have one, at https://igsc23.hotcrp.com
- Log into the conference website for IGSC23: https://igsc23.hotcrp.com and follow the instructions on that page.
We will publish papers in IEEE Xplore.
Trending Topics and Special Sessions 2023:
IGSC seeks proposals for Trending Topics and/or Special Sessions. Proposals for Special Sessions should include biosketches of the proposers, a brief description of the proposed topic and its importance, and a list of potential speakers/authors in the Special Session. Please submit Special Session proposals to one of the TPC Co-Chairs.
Meetings formerly held as workshops will be held in conjunction with the conference, possibly as a special track. Proposals should be submitted to one of the Workshops Co-Chairs.
Student Research Forum:
The forum solicits extended abstract submissions from MS and doctoral students engaged in research on sustainable and energy-efficient computing as well as poster and project demos from all researchers, faculty, and students. Please refer to the IGSC website for submission instructions.
The conference seeks industry partners and sponsors with opportunities for them to showcase their technologies. Please contact one of the General Co-Chairs.
Conference paper submission: June 18, 2023
(To help us plan ahead, prior abstract submission by June 11 is encouraged but certainly NOT mandatory. All papers submitted by June 18 will be fully considered.)
Reviewer deadline: July 16, 2023
Deadline for submitting Workshop and Special Session proposals: June 21, 2023
Deadline for submitting to Student Research Forum: See Research Forum Page
Notifications to authors: August 15, 2023
Conference Website: https://www.igscc.org/