September 1, 2020
September 8, 2020
The 3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4)
A presentation by the P4 Language Consortium and ONF in conjunction with CoNEXT 2020
December 1, 2020
Submissions Due: September 8, 2020
The 3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4) will bring together networking researchers to discuss cutting-edge, P4-based, research. The workshop provides a venue for P4-based research and projects, a place to discuss P4-based tools, and the research community needs. The workshop aims to forge connections between researchers, introduce more networking researchers to the P4 community, and seed future top-tier publications and innovation.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
We solicit original, previously unpublished ideas on P4-based research and engineering work, and work-in-progress reports in the form of short papers. We further encourage papers that propose new research directions or that could stimulate lively debate at the workshop. We invite submissions on a wide range of topics of interest, including, but not limited to:
- All aspects of P4-based network protocol research, including design, specification, verification, implementation, measurement, testing, and analysis.
- Design, analysis, and evaluation of network architectures using P4 as a basis, e.g., specific algorithms and protocols for network virtualization or future Internet architectures.
- New applications enabled by P4, including in-network computing and Big Data, Video and Virtual Reality, Mobile and Wireless Network Protocols and Applications, Ubiquitous computing, Internet-of-Things and Smart Cities.
- Secure, reliable and dependable P4-based systems, including all aspects of monitoring, verification, debugging and troubleshooting networks enabled by P4.
- P4-based and P4-NetFPGA based programmable data planes.
- P4 end-host networking, offloading transport- and application-layer protocols to P4-enabled hardware.
- Tools and frameworks for development using P4.
- Contributions to the evolution of the P4 language.
Abstract registration: Tuesday September 1st, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
Submission deadline: Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE) (hard deadline, no extensions will be given)
Acceptance notification: Monday, October 5th, 2020
Posters and demos deadline: Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
Posters and demos notification: Monday, October 5th, 2020
Camera ready: Monday, October 26th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
There are currently significant statutory lockdowns and travel restrictions in-place in many parts of the world. We are closely monitoring the situation, and working in collaboration with CoNext’20 to decide on the workshop’s mode. Please follow updates on CoNEXT 2020 and our website.
EuroP4 solicits full-length technical papers of 6 pages and short poster/demo papers as 2 page extended abstracts. Submissions should adhere to the ACM formatting requirements (2-column, 10pt ACM format). EuroP4 will use a double-blind review process.
Authors are required to present accepted papers at the workshop in order for the paper to appear in the proceedings and the ACM digital library. Exceptions from this policy for truly mitigating situations must be approved by the TPC Chairs before the beginning of the workshop.
Noa Zilberman, University of Oxford
Robert Soulé, Yale University
Fernando Ramos, University of Lisbon
Gabor Retvari, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Web and publications Chair
Salvatore Signorello, University of Lisbon
Tamas Levai, Budapest University of Technology and Economics