March 11, 2019
Workshop on Exploitation of High Performance Heterogeneous Architectures and Accelerators (WEHA)
Paper Submissions: March 11, 2019
Acceptance Notification: April 03, 2019
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due by: April 19, 2019
Conference Dates: July 15–19, 2019
For the last years, we have seen significant changes in processor architectures to improve computing performance and to overcome the physical limitations of increasing the clock frequency. The importance of hardware accelerators (GPUs, co-processors, FPGAs, etc.) has rapidly increased, especially in the computationally demanding disciplines such as realistic 3D computer graphics and high-performance scientific computing. The use of these accelerators for General-Purpose computation achieves speedups of orders of magnitude versus optimized CPU implementations, as well as reduces energy requirements. They have become powerful, capable, and inexpensive co-processors useful for a wide variety of computation. Moreover, it has become a common trend to see the development of clusters and supercomputers, where nodes include not only CPU cores but also accelerators. An efficient exploitation of these heterogeneous systems requires sharing the work among all available resources.
The aim of this workshop is to strongly encourage the exchange of experiences and knowledge in novel solutions exploiting and defining new trends in hardware accelerators and/or heterogeneous systems, including hardware architecture, resource management, software tools, and applications.
The WEHA Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
– Heterogeneous accelerators, many-core systems and architectures
– Design and analysis of computing grids and hybrid clusters
– Heterogeneous Cloud systems and data centers
– Languages and Compilers for Hardware Accelerators
– Programming models and tools for heterogeneous architectures
– Memory systems for heterogeneous architectures and accelerators
– Resource Management of Heterogeneous Architectures
– Libraries and Tools to Simplify the Programming of Hardware Accelerators and/or Heterogeneous Architectures
– Manual and Automatic Performance Optimization Techniques for Hardware Accelerators and/or Heterogeneous Architectures
– Application Development Experience on Hardware Accelerators and/or Heterogeneous Architectures
– Benchmarking of Hardware Accelerators
– Modeling and Performance Prediction for Hardware Accelerators and/or Heterogeneous Architectures
– Application-specific Acceleration Hardware/Software
– Algorithms and hardware architectures for reduced power, energy and heat
– Accelerated Computing and Energy
– Novel Accelerator and Heterogeneous Architectures
– Applications and case studies related to hardware accelerators and/or heterogeneous architectures
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to exploitation of high performance heterogeneous architectures and accelerators. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere until it appears in HPCS proceedings, in the case of acceptance, or notified otherwise. For Regular papers, please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 8 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors’ names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript. Short papers (up to 4 pages), poster papers and posters (please refer to http://hpcs2019.cisedu.info/1-call-for-papers-and-participation/call-for-posters for posters submission details) will also be considered. Please specify the type of submission you have. Please include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript to the Workshop paper submission site at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=weha19.
Only PDF files will be accepted, uploaded to the submission link above. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, significance, technical clarity and presentation, language, and references. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper will have to register and attend the HPCS 2019 conference to present the paper at the Workshop as scheduled. By submitting the paper to the HPCS conference, all authors agree to abide by all HPCS conference paper submission, publication and presentation policies as well as following ethical and professional codes of conduct, including those of the professional co-sponsoring organizations. For more information, please refer to the Authors Info and Registration Info pages.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2019 Conference web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is projected to be included in the IEEE or ACM Digital Library and indexed in all major indexing services accordingly.