HPCA 2018 Student Travel Grants
January 11, 2018
January 5, 2018
24th IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA)
24-28 February 2018
Application deadline: Jan. 5, 2018
HPCA 2018 is now offering travel support to encourage student participation. The conference will be held February 24 – 28 in Vienna, Austria. All students are eligible to apply for student travel grants generously supported by IEEE TCCA. Students enrolled at US institutions are also eligible to apply for NSF-funded student travel grants.
Selection of applicants for funding and the degree of funding will be dependent on several factors. While these factors differ slightly for the two funding sources, priority will be granted to:
– Students presenting research at the conference (and related workshops)
– Students who belong to underrepresented groups (including women)
– Students from small institutions and universities that do not have a strong tradition in the HPCA research domain
– Students who do not have support from their advisors through other grants
– US citizens/permanent residents (for NSF funds)
Please note that students do not necessarily have to be presenting work to receive a travel grant. Additionally, funding is not guaranteed.
Students may apply for funds covering conference registration, airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meals. However, the source of the funds granted to a student may restrict how the funds may be used. In order to be reimbursed, the student will have to present original receipts and fill out a travel expense claim form.
The deadline for submitting travel funding applications is January 5, 2018. Please visit the web pages for IEEE TCCA student travel grants and NSF-funded student travel grants for details on submitting applications.