2019 Maurice Wilkes Award
April 1, 2019
ACM SIGARCH Maurice Wilkes Award
The award of $2,500 is given annually for an outstanding contribution to computer architecture made by an individual whose computer-related professional career (graduate school or full-time employment, whichever began first) started no earlier than January 1st of the year that is 20 years prior to the year of the award.*
The award is presented annually at the International Symposium on Computer Architecture Awards Banquet. This year’s recipient will be invited to accept the award at ISCA 2019.
Nominations should consist of:
1. Name, address, and phone number of person making the nomination.
2. Name, affiliation, address, email, and telephone number of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
3. A statement (between 200 and 500 words long) as to why the candidate deserves the award. Note that since the award is for an outstanding contribution, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contribution is and why it is both outstanding and significant.
4. A maximum of five letters of support. Include the name, affiliation, email address, and telephone number of the letter writer(s). Supporters of multiple candidates are strongly encouraged to compare the candidates in their letters.
5. A statement regarding the nominee’s specific year of eligibility. That is, when did they begin their computer-related professional career, and are there any circumstances for which the 20 years of eligibility should be adjusted?
6. State any conflicts of interest (COI) between the nominee and any committee members. Refer to the ACM COI guidelines (item 7) to determine what constitutes a COI. Please state explicitly if there are no conflicts.
Please send all your nomination materials as one pdf file no later than April 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*At the discretion of the SIGARCH Executive Committee, eligibility may be adjusted for documented career interruptions (e.g., family-related or medical leaves, military service). Questions about eligibility should be directed to the SIGARCH Chair (email@example.com).