March 30, 2019
ACM and the IEEE Computer Society co-sponsor the Eckert-Mauchly Award, which was initiated in 1979. The award is known as the computer architecture community’s most prestigious award. The award recognizes outstanding contributions to computer and digital systems architecture. It comes with a certificate and a $5,000 honorarium. The award was named for John Presper Eckert and John William Mauchly, who collaborated on the design and construction of the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), the first large-scale electronic computing machine, which was completed in 1947.
– Open to all. Anyone may nominate.
– Self-nominations are not accepted.
– This award requires 3 endorsements.
– Submit your nomination by 30 March 2019 to www.computer.org/web/awards/eckert-mauchly.
– New nomination form: https://ieee.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/157 (LOGIN REQUIRED)
The award will be presented at ISCA 2019 (ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture), taking place in Phoenix, Arizona, USA, June 22–26, 2019.
Write to IEEE Computer Society Awards Administrator at email@example.com.