Call for Nominations: ACM SIGARCH Student Scholarships for ACM’s Celebration of 50 Years of the ACM Turing Award
March 3, 2017
ACM SIGARCH Student Scholarships for ACM’s Celebration of 50 Years of the ACM Turing Award
June 23-24, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Nomination Deadline: 3 March 2017
ACM SIGARCH has a limited number of scholarships to award to worthy students to attend the Celebration of 50 Years of the ACM Turing Award 23-24 June 2017 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA. Each scholarship includes 2 nights at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco and up to $900 to help offset the cost of travel and subsistence (Students will receive a check from ACM upon submission of receipts for travel). Program details can be found here: https://www.acm.org/awards/turing-award-50-conference
– Submission Deadline: 3 March 2017
– Notification of Awards: 10 March 2017
– ACM Turing Centenary Celebration 23-24 June 2017
A nominee must be a student in good standing who is actively pursuing research in computer architecture and an ACM SIGARCH student member/member at the time of the Turing Celebration.
A nomination should consist of the following items:
1. Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
2. Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom the scholarship is recommended (the nominee).
3. A short statement (200-500 words) summarizing the nominee’s standing in graduate school (include years in school and estimated years to completion) and explaining why the nominee deserves the scholarship (information on membership in underrepresented groups is welcome and encouraged).
Nominations and questions should be submitted to:
Natalie Enright Jerger, Executive Committee, ACM SIGARCH