August 31, 2022
SIGMICRO Distinguished Service Award – Call for Nominations
We seek nominations by August 31 for the 2022 SIGMICRO Distinguished Service Award. This annual award is presented to an individual who has contributed important service to the processor microarchitecture and microsystems community while also serving as an active member of SIGMICRO who has contributed (or is contributing) significantly to SIGMICRO organization and/or SIGMICRO-sponsored conference committees.
Nomination packages should be emailed to the selection committee chair, Erik Altman: email@example.com
A nomination for the Distinguished Service Award that is not awarded may remain valid for consideration in future years.
Each nomination should consist of the following:
- Name, email address, and phone number of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- A one-sentence citation to be used if the nominee receives the award.
- Names and email address of 3-4 people to who will send 200-500 word endorsements of the nomination to the same email address above and by the same August 31 deadline.
Self-nominations are not allowed.
The award recipient will receive a memento engraved with their name along with a $1000 honorarium. The award is presented by the SIGMICRO Chair at MICRO during MICRO’s award presentation session. The award recipient may receive up to $2000 towards MICRO conference registration, and when attendance is not virtual, support for travel costs such as airfare and hotel. Additional travel support may be provided at the discretion of the SIGMICRO Executive Committee.
The recipient will be listed with the citation for their award on the SIGMICRO Distinguished Service Award website: https://www.sigmicro.org/awards/dsa.php
Erik Altman (Chair) IBM
Aamer Jaleel NVidia
Hyesoon Kim Georgia Tech
Thomas Wenisch University of Michigan