February 28, 2022
The WICARCH elections nominating committee invites nominations (including self-nominations) for candidates to serve on the WICARCH Executive Committee (EC). We welcome nominations from women across the globe working in the area of computer architecture in industry, academia, government and nonprofits. The nominating committee will present the final slate of candidates to the SIGARCH Executive Committee for approval. The term for the EC is for 3 years, beginning June 1, 2022.
The EC positions are (details on these positions can be found below):
Board of Directors (2 members)
The goal of WICARCH is to attract, retain, and promote women in the field of computer architecture through mentorship, networking, and professional development activities. Stewardship of WICARCH involves supporting members at all career stages and all career paths (e.g., academia, industry, government, nonprofit). WICARCH is a sub-committee of SIGARCH. WICARCH has undergone significant growth over the last 5 years and seeks a vibrant executive committee to maintain its initiatives and launch new initiatives. Through the generous support of SIGARCH and donations, there is financial support for new and on-going activities.
The nominating committee will select the final slate of candidates based on enthusiasm, vision, past record of service, and multiple dimensions of diversity.
Please submit a nomination with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm ET on Feb 28, 2022.
– Name, affiliation, and email address of the nominee
– Position sought (chair, vice-chair, director)
– Previous service to the architecture community
– Other service and relevant experience
– A brief biography or curriculum vitae
– Recent institutional affiliations
– Areas of research expertise within computer architecture
– A brief statement from the nominee (e.g., 150 words) in support of the nomination; e.g., a description of their ideas and commitment if elected.
All final candidates must be ACM or SIGARCH members by the time of final selection.
The nomination committee consists of Iris Bahar, Natalie Enright Jerger (chair), Kelly Shaw
Role of Executive Committee Members
The Chair is the principal officer and is responsible for leading the Group and managing its activities. The duties of the Chair are:
- Reporting the groups activities to the SIGARCH EC and providing an update at the SIGARCH business meeting if called on to do so by the SIGARCH Chair;
- Conducting the Group’s activities in accordance with the policies of the ACM and SIGARCH; and
- Making all appointments and filling vacancies.
The Vice Chair’s duties are
- Assisting the Chair in leading and managing the Group;
- Managing finances of the group in cooperation with the SIGARCH Treasurer; and
- Presiding at meetings when the Chair is absent.
The duty of the Board of Directors is to serve on the Executive Committee. The EC is modelled after the SIGARCH EC; that is, it is a working EC, where each member will be assigned a portfolio of tasks or initiatives to execute on. One EC member will be appointed to be the Communications Director by the Chair. The Communications Director will be responsible for overseeing the website and social media.