The SIGARCH elections nominating committee invites nominations (including self-nominations) for candidates to serve on the SIGARCH Executive Committee (EC). The nominating committee will select the final slate of candidates for elections to be held according to ACM rules. The initial term for the EC is for two years, beginning July 1st, 2023, with a possible extension for another two years.
The EC positions are:
Board of Directors (4 members)
The SIGARCH EC is a working committee where each member is responsible for at least one substantive project in the service of the architecture community. Besides overseeing a rich portfolio of conferences and awards, the EC has launched a number of initiatives in recent years including (but not limited to) the Computer Architecture Today blog and Computer Architecture Podcast, student mentoring (now in collaboration with CASA), the CARES committee (with SIGMICRO) and best practices guidelines (with IEEE CS TCCA) and more – see the last SIGARCH annual report for the portfolio of current activities. Joining the SIGARCH EC therefore requires a significant time commitment in exchange for an opportunity to make an impact on our community and enjoy a rewarding service experience.
The nominating committee will select the final slate of candidates based on enthusiasm, vision, past record of service (commensurate with seniority), and multiple dimensions of diversity.
Please submit a nomination with the following information to email@example.com by 5pm (Anywhere on Earth) November 7th, 2022.
- Name, affiliation, and email address of the nominee.
- Position sought (chair/vice-chair/treasurer/
- Previous significant service to SIGARCH and ACM.
- Other significant service and relevant experience.
- A brief biography or curriculum vitae.
- Recent institutional affiliations.
- Areas of research expertise within computer architecture.
- A brief statement from the nominee (e.g., 150 words) in support of the nomination (e.g., a description of their ideas and commitment if elected).
All final candidates must be professional ACM members and SIGARCH members by the time of final selection. The nominating committee consists of current and past SIGARCH chairs: Babak Falsafi (chair), Sarita Adve, David Wood.