Call for Nominations for SIGARCH Executive Committee Elections
The SIGARCH elections nominating committee invites nominations (including self-nominations) for candidates to serve on the SIGARCH Executive Committee (EC). The nominating committee will select the final slate of candidates for elections to be held according to ACM rules. The initial term for the EC is for two years, beginning July 1, 2019, with a possible extension for another two years.
The EC positions are:
Board of Directors (4 members)
The SIGARCH EC is a working committee where each member is responsible for at least one substantive project in the service of the architecture community. In addition to overseeing our rich portfolio of conferences and awards, the current EC initiated many new initiatives such as the Computer Architecture Today blog, lightning mentoring sessions, the CARES committee, the dissertation award, the visioning workshops, and more – see the last SIGARCH annual report for the portfolio of current activities. Joining the SIGARCH EC therefore requires a significant time commitment in exchange for an opportunity to make an impact on our community and enjoy a rewarding service experience.
The nominating committee will select the final slate of candidates based on enthusiasm, vision, past record of service (commensurate with seniority), and multiple dimensions of diversity.
Please submit a nomination with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm CST January 10, 2019.
– Name, affiliation, and email address of the nominee.
– Position sought (chair/vice-chair/treasurer/director).
– Previous significant service to SIGARCH and ACM.
– Other significant service and relevant experience.
– A brief biography or curriculum vitae.
– Recent institutional affiliations.
– Areas of research expertise within computer architecture.
– A brief statement from the nominee (e.g., 150 words) in support of the nomination; e.g., a description of their ideas and commitment if elected.
All final candidates must be professional ACM members and SIGARCH members by the time of final selection.
The nominating committee consists of current and past SIGARCH chairs: Sarita Adve (chair), Norm Jouppi, David Wood.