February 1, 2020
SIGARCH/TCCA PhD Dissertation Award
Nominations Due: February 1, 2020
The February 1 deadline for nominating a 2019 PhD dissertation to the SIGARCH/TCCA Outstanding Dissertation Award is fast approaching. Nominated dissertations must have been defended and deposited in 2019. Please note that self-nominations are disallowed; they must come from the PhD advisor.
Advisors, please consider nominating your recent PhD graduate!
Nomination for the award must include:
- English language copy of the thesis.
- Statement from the advisor limited to two pages addressing why the nominee’s dissertation should receive this award. This should address the significance of the dissertation, not simply repeat the information in the abstract. The nomination must come from the advisor; self-nomination is not allowed.
- Three letters of support limited to two pages each. Supporting letters should be included from experts in the field who can provide additional insights or evidence of the dissertation’s impact. (The nominator/advisor may not write a letter of support.) The letter should also contain the qualification of the endorser and his/her role with respect to the nominee. If a letter writer is supporting more than one nomination, they may be asked to rank those nominations. At least one letter must come from an expert outside the nominee’s university. Additional letters beyond three will not be considered.
- List of publications contributing to the thesis.
- Member number for the nominee (Nominee must be a SIGARCH or TCCA member).
- Suggested citation if the candidate is selected. This should be a concise statement (maximum of 25 words) describing the key technical contribution for which the candidate merits this award. Note that the final wording for awardees will be at the discretion of the SIGARCH/TCCA Dissertation Award Committee.
Please send nominations (preferably electronically) no later than February 1, 2020 to the chair of the SIGARCH/TCCA Dissertation Award Committee, Antonio Gonzalez at email@example.com. Nominations must be submitted in English. PDF format is preferred for all materials. Late submissions will not be considered.